Monday, February 12, 2007

Squares #83, 84, 85, 86 from Great Grandma F.

These are so special! They came from my Grandma F. (Dad's side) today. My Grandpa died a few years ago and the first one is a quilt square that he made before he died! He was a very crafty guy and sewed, loomed rugs, polished rocks to make jewelry and other stuff, the list goes on. This is so special to us because he made it!
I forgot to take a photo of the wish my Grandma wrote, but it says:
Dear Sarah,
I wish you have love, happiness, and joy in your life and you get married and have a nice husband and a nice family.
Great Grandma F.
This is super special, too. It was my Grandpa's handkerchief. He always had
one in his pocket and he used it for everything. I have many memories as a child when he had his red hanky in his pocket. It means a lot that my Grandma sent one to use for the quilt.


This one is from a shirt that my Aunt Denise made for my Grandma, it's also super special.
The next 2 are handkerchieves of my Grandma, she said to use one for the quilt and keep the other one for Sarah for when she's grown. They're both so pretty, I'm not sure how to pick one for the quilt.

No comments: