Friday, February 2, 2007

Square #45 from Milwaukie, OR

This one was also from OHGWQ swap. It came to us from Oregon. I love that she included a Chinese Paper Cut. They are the ONE thing I wish we would have bought in China and we didn't. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. I love it, though.
The wish says:
Chinese Fu Paper Cuts
(window flowers)
A traditional country folk art, paper cuts
are normally created by women and grils.
Made by hand, paper cuts are used as
decorations for doors, windows, walls,
mirrors and are given as presents.
Fu is one of the most popular Chinese
characters used in Chinese New Year.
It is often posted upside down on the
front door. The upside down fu means
"good luck came" since the character for
upside down in Chinese sounds the
same as the character for came.
We wish you Good Luck!

No comments: